Location: Vancouver, WA
Reports To: VP Marketing Communications
Job Status: Open
Job Status: Exempt
Date Posted: March 31, 2014
This role contributes to Papa Murphy’s success by establishing strategic direction for communications programs to enhance brand positioning and communications efforts to meet overall marketing and business initiatives. Protects and enhances the Company’s internal and external reputation through leadership, management and execution of corporate communications, PR and social media. Provides timely strategic communications counsel to all levels of the organization, including senior leaders.
Planning and Execution – Develop, execute and measure results of strategic and operational plans for the work group by:
• Developing annual and long-term communications strategies and tactics to maintain and enhance Papa Murphy’s culture and internal and external reputation, building trust in the Papa Muphy’s brand, and positioning the Company as the leader in bringing families together through food people love.
• Executing communications strategies, adjusting priorities to manage new and emerging issues and situations both internal and external to the organization.
• Planning and managing department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
Business Requirements - Provide functional expertise and execute functional responsibilities by:
• Counseling PMI leadership, field management employees and Franchisees on communications issues, strategies and events.
• Developing and implementing procedures for more efficient communication to meet the needs and expectations of internal and external audiences in a manner that protects and enhances the Company’s reputation.
• Initiating analyses of issues that might impact the Company, and developing and executing proactive and reactive plans for issues management, including crisis communications.
• Providing guidance and direction to business units/departments to ensure coordination of communications processes and understanding of key issues and strategies.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
• 8+ years of corporate communications experience in business to consumer environment
• 1-3 years’ direct accountability for leveraging social media in communications
• Experience developing communications content across multiple platforms
• Related experience in branded consumer goods, chain restaurant, multi-unit retail preferred
• Writing samples required with your resume
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extremely strong writing and editing skills
• Business acumen; understands how the organization functions
• Comfortable developing relationships with people with people across all levels
• Agency/Vendor management experience
• Strategic thinker, but tactically strong
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or the following address:
Papa Murphy’s International
Human Resources Department
8000 NE Parkway Dr. #350
Vancouver, WA 98662