Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Status: Exempt
Date Posted: July 21, 2014
The Senior Accountant will be part of our Corporate Accounting/Reporting team and will be responsible for deliverables critical to the Company’s financial reporting and compliance with SEC and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. The successful candidate will be an experienced, technical accountant able to handle a multitude of different activities with strong problem solving skills. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential. This position reports to the Financial Reporting Manager. The candidate should be able to multi-task, work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator with peers by communicating with people throughout the company. This position operates under tight deadlines and will require extended hours periodically to meet those deadlines. The candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function.
This positions responsibilities will include:
• Assist with SEC compliance responsibilities, which may include drafting and reviewing SEC filings, preparing support schedules, researching disclosure requirements, XBRL tagging, etc.
• Technical accounting research, drafting and maintaining accounting policies.
• Oversee and coordinate the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program, including managing process improvement or control remediation projects.
• Assist with the monthly/quarterly close, the preparation of external financial statements, in particular the Statement of Cash Flows, drafting of financial statement footnotes and preparing related support schedules.
• Responsible for coordinating with outside auditors for the quarterly reviews / annual audits of the Company’s financials and ensuring audit requests are responded to in a timely manner.
• Responsible for coordinating with outside accountants for the compilation / audit work of target acquisitions, when required in accordance with Reg. S-X Article 3.05. Ensure complete disclosures for acquisitions under ASC 805 are completed and Reg. S-X Article 11 pro-forma financials are prepared, as needed.
• Annual impairment testing under ASC 350 and 360 and fair value disclosures.
• Assist with the accounting for equity incentive plans and EPS calculations / reporting.
• Ad-hoc projects / tasks to support the Corporate Accounting and broader Finance function
• Other tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Experience: 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities in a public company or 3+ years public accounting experience that included working on public companies, or equivalent.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: CPA Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A self-starter with the ability to own and manage job duties and projects from start to finish without constant supervision. Ability to work well as a team member with people of both similar and dissimilar backgrounds. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. A solid understanding of accounting processes and theory, and the ability to provide meaningful analysis of results. The following additional skills are a plus, but not required:
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, and designing, implementing, and testing internal controls.
• Familiarity with accounting for Business Combinations, Consolidations requirements, and Stock-Based Compensation in a public company environment.
• Experience working with complex systems and processes required.
• Excellent organization and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Experience with ERP systems, Dynamics GP or similar.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subjet=Senior%20Accountant.