Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Status: Exempt
Date Posted: June 16, 2014
The Revenue Accountant is primarily responsible for accounting related to the revenue cycle, including revenue recognition, billing, collection, reporting and analysis. This position will have supervisory responsibility and work with the Director of Accounting to ensure recognition of revenue in accordance with GAAP. This position will prepare schedules and analysis of revenue for audit and reporting purposes, and will be the subject matter expert on revenue systems and processes, including implementation of new processes to support business needs and GAAP changes. Other Accounting responsibilities will vary based on workload and need.
• Oversee the day to day activities of data gathering, billing, revenue recognition, accounts receivable and collections functions.
• Ensure recognition of revenue in accordance with GAAP and accounting policies. • Oversee and assist staff as needed with routine transactions.
• Review outstanding accounts receivable aging, research aged items, and complete period end analysis reconciliation to general ledger.
• Ensures the completion of other assigned monthly GL account reconciliations, oversee administration of gift card accounting, research and resolve discrepancies.
• Coordinates the timely close of AR in accordance with reporting deadlines.
• Assist in maintaining the integrity of controls related to the revenue recognition and receivables.
• Support Accounting leadership with special projects, control and process improvements.
• Oversee weekly collection and reporting of system sales data to operations groups.
• Assist Finance team with the budgeting and forecasting of revenues
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Experience: Three or more years of professional accounting experience, including work with revenue recognition and accounts receivable. Big Four experience a plus.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: None
Position Level Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with ERP accounting software such as MS Dynamics GP a plus.
• Good communication skills for communicating with staff, support personnel and management.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
• Familiarity of current US GAAP
• Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.