Job Status: Non-Exempt
Date Posted: August 21, 2014
This position is responsible for assisting with the processing of all aspects of payroll for a for-profit company of over 1200 employees in multi-state locations, including the Washington-based corporate office. This role requires basic skills in payroll, payroll taxes, time reporting, process flows, payroll/HR systems and related interfaces.
• Performs payroll processing activities that include data entry, balancing earnings and deduction totals, inspecting automated system output such as registers and standard reports, identifying and correcting any errors.
• Processes garnishments, levies, bankruptcies, student loans and child support orders per state and federal regulations.
• Processes daily pays/instant pays. Ensure accurate deductions occur biweekly; maintain logs for reconciliation purposes.
• Completes voids and manual paperwork timely and accurately. Maintains logs for reconciliation purposes.
• Calculates and processes retroactive pay increases.
• Processes pay adjustments received from corporate and company store employees, including benefit adjustments received from Human Resources.
• Completes data entry of federal and state W-4’s and completes local tax setup, direct deposit enrollments, general benefit deductions, and other miscellaneous payroll related items.
• Answers general pay and deduction questions from employees, including helping them understand paystub information.
• Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
• Responds to wage verification requests.
• Provides assistance to all employees, including HR staff, on day-to-day payroll questions and concerns, showing a high level of support and customer service, adhering to strict confidentiality.
Education: College degree preferred, but not required. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Experience: • 2-5 years work experience in an office environment, one year processing payroll.
Position Level Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service. • Good written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines.
• Detailed oriented, ability to recognize errors and irregularities.
• Must be able to work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and analyze data/numbers.
• Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.