Location: Louisville, KY
Reports To: Market Leader
Job Status: Exempt
Date Posted: May 12, 2014
This position is multi-functional and will be responsible for assisting franchise owners with the opening of new units and the training and implementation of systems and procedures. A market coordinator is a business consultant and trainer for Papa Murphy’s franchise owners, complying with all PMI operating standards and procedures to build and maintain Five Star Stores and protect the Papa Murphy’s brand. The Market Coordinator will work primarily with single and dual store owners and can be based in either St. Louis, MO; Louisville, KY; or Oklahoma.
• Ensures assigned stores operate in a clean and sanitary manner, following all PMI cleanliness and product quality standards, and that all products served are produced to proper PMI quality specifications.
• Coaches franchise owners with benchmark criteria to become and/or maintain a Five Star Store.
• Helps franchise owners develop concise and succinct business plans that are specific to building sales and profits.
• Assists franchise owners in identifying areas to improve upon to help optimize store profitability.
• Works on site with New Store Openings, Grand Openings and store transfers to new and existing owners. Interfaces with the Division Marketing Manager to coordinate store advertising and marketing activities.
• Performs regular post grand opening check-ins with owners for coaching and refinement of LSM plans and implementation tactics.
• Understands basics of construction/remodel processes and monitors development in their assigned areas using the New Store Opening Manual as a guide.
• Ensures all assigned franchise owners participate in the CRM program. Review Call Back reports on weekly basis and follow up with franchise owners on their customer complaints.
• Manages new franchise owner training schedule and communicates accordingly.
• Conducts Take-N-Teach training sessions for franchise owners and/or their managers using the “Training in a Box” delivery system. Consults with each franchise owner to insure that each store has a trained and PMI certified Owner/Operator, Store Manager and Shift Supervisor(s) on staff.
• Conducts a minimum of one QSC report per assigned store per year, with additional QSCs or other reports and visits to be performed as dictated by store performance.
• Understands that the franchise owner is their responsibility and provides “value added” assistance directly related to driving sales, improving profitability and improving store operations to building and/or maintain Five Star Store status.
Education: This position requires at least a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 3-5+ years experience in quick service restaurant environment, with marketing and training emphasis.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: ServSafe® certification required.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Exhibit a strong sense of initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, remain organized and productive.
• Knowledgeable of food borne illness and its causes.
• Knowledge of financial feasibility analysis models, basic understanding of P&L/balance sheet.
• Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships.
• Knowledge of print advertising and media a plus.
• Production and fulfillment experience preferable.
• Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
• Exhibits strong team oriented mindset and ability to develop and maintain positive relationships.
• Exhibits strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills; able to develop, articulate, and defend a point of view.
• Ability to take initiative and manage own projects.
• Ability to organize collection of data, analyze information and capture conclusions and project solutions, using that information to solve problems using gained information to participate in solution.
• Views issues/problems from different perspectives. Considers a wide range of alternatives, including innovative or creative approaches.
• Proficient computer skills including ability to operate desktop computers, mobile computing devices and printers as well as strong knowledge and use of productivity software including the ability to maneuver in and utilize the internet as a resource.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply for this position, please email us as