IT Project Manager
Location: Corporate Office - Vancouver, WA
Department: Store Solutions; Business Technology
Reports To: Director, Store Solutions
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Date Posted: February 10, 2014
Under the general guidance of the Director of Store Solutions, this position has the primary responsibility for the strategic planning and architectural design of effective retail technology solutions. Through a consulting relationship with key business clients, this person will proactively deliver high quality, innovative, architected strategic solutions aligned with clear requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and develops all members of the Store Solutions team, including indirect reports and peer direct reports. Creates and fosters a team environment that provides opportunities for their growth and development.
- Develops and mentors direct reports through coaching and professional growth opportunities.
- Proactively assess current state of all Store & POS related technologies, including hardware and software. Strategically analyze and propose opportunities for future improvements.
- Provide lifecycle management for in-store technologies, including the NCR/Radiant POS and Back Office.
- Act as a departmental project leader for design and execution of new technology solutions. Develop plans including design, rollout, handoff and review.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize and manage projects impacting the architecture or design of Store Solutions products or services.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for the Enterprise Solution.
- Establish frameworks for processes and procedures in accordance with department guidelines and best practices to ensure consistency in execution.
- Proactively consult, communicate and collaborate with internal clients and business units to analyze information needs and functional requirements ensuring delivery of business value within proposed solutions.
- Lead and participate in business process reviews and other activities to drive continual improvement of solutions and processes.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Manage Store Solutions vendor partner relationships to ensure timeliness and excellence in delivery of products and services.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of relevant industry best practices as well as the company’s strategic business plans.
- Assist the Director of Store Solutions during the budgeting and planning process and operate within acceptable budgetary parameters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree; preferred in the fields of business management, computer science, information systems or related field of study.
- 4+ years’ experience in in a retail or restaurant environment, including: business requirements gathering/analysis, project management and planning, effective vendor management, RFP creation/management, negotiation, and relationship maintenance.
- 2+ years’ experience in Business Technology, specifically retail POS and Back Office technology architecture and its interface with other retail technologies strongly preferred
- 2+ years’ experience leading and developing others strongly preferred.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Certification, or equivalent experience, in Project Management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exhibit an ability to think and plan strategically over 3-5 years.
- Must have a strong sense of initiative.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Must exhibit a strong service mentality.
- Strong ability to coach and develop others to their maximum potential, growing and challenging others with assignments and opportunities.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal and active listening skills.
- Knowledge and ability to apply process improvement principles.
- Must be confident in a variety of settings and comfortable communicating in all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical knowledge of network, PC, handheld, wireless and platform operations systems, including Windows server, Windows XP, and Windows 7 preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, laws and compliance requirements (PCI) preferred.
- 20% travel by air and ground, based on need.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply for this position, please email us as firstname.lastname@example.org.