Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Status: Exempt
Date Posted: July 07, 2014
This position directs the development of the overall company product category with five year business plans to increase market share, sales and profitability. The position will lead the analysis and positioning for all product categories including existing and new products that focus product development on strategic opportunities to grow the brand, build unit sales and improve margin.
Responsible for leading product testing and pipeline projects managing interdepartmental teams to ensure products are ready for test marketing implementation and national implementation. Develops and leads the supporting marketing promotions across the marketing calendar. Responsible for communication to Marketing and Operations through a national marketing calendar and for performance reporting to drive continual improvement. Serves as the Operations liaison for all calendar and non-calendar activation.
• Establish long-term product strategy, opportunity sizing and series of development and testing activities to bring new products to market.
• Work closely with consumer insights and marketing analytics team to understand compelling opportunities and convert insights into actions.
• Lead the development of category management with product-based financial and marketing strategies that result in long-term revenue growth and improved corporate and store-level profitability.
• Evaluate and recommend price strategies that drive traffic and upsell opportunities through enhancing the overall menu offering and competitive positioning across markets.
• Develop strong, effective partnerships with franchise owners and internal partners.
• Partner and provide direction to R&D on development of new product ideas and execution.
• Partner with operations to obtain support for new product testing and successful roll-out of new product innovations.
• Reinforce and execute the stage-gate testing process and recommendation actions to senior leadership team as a result of testing outcomes.
• Lead interdepartmental efforts to bring products to test market.
• Lead communication and solicitation of test markets including system sell-in presentations, field communication and follow-up and compliance tracking and coordination.
• Lead integrated marketing plan development for all assigned category test and national programs providing direction and feedback to internal stakeholders including media planning, digital communications, in store merchandising and print.
• Lead reporting and communication of test and national results during programs while identifying opportunities for improvements and best practices.
• Work closely with VP Operations to provide calendar and product information for DMA meetings.
• Work closely with Operations/Training to insure alignment and integration of materials and programs.
• Lead and develop direct reports, providing direction including establishing objectives, measuring results, and ensuring employees’ accountability and development.
• Communicate project status, timelines and roadblocks to new product team, supervisor, leadership team, and franchisees in a clear, concise, timely and consistent fashion.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Business, Marketing or a related field preferred. MBA a plus.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in category management and/or product planning in marketing with a balance of financial and creative aptitude in Fast Casual, Casual Dining or Quick Serve Restaurant segments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with franchisees is helpful, and prior new product experience is preferred.
• Ability to work cross functionally and with outside agencies.
• Strong analytical thinking. Demonstrated ability to analyze data and convert insights into actions.
• Possess a solid understanding of latest concepts and best practices for innovation.
• Core product management or category management skills in developing, managing and trouble-shooting product and category-based product and loss statements.
• Must be a self-starter; highly motivated. Proven ability to influence key decision makers and to manage results through influence.
• Highly responsive and adaptable. Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills. Proactive, results-oriented and organized. Team player, and model for others.
• Efficient use of personal computer and a working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.