Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Status: Exempt
Date Posted: July 07, 2014
This position leads product development, test marketing implementation and national implementation of the Add on Sales (AOS), Holiday and Event Marketing program. This position will lead product testing and pipeline projects, managing interdepartmental teams that implement the product testing and national calendar.
Responsible for communication to the Operations group, dialogue and consensus building for all AOS, Holiday and Gift Card test and national calendar programs. Responsible for leading the development of fully integrated test and national marketing plans. Responsible for monitoring results and correcting course as needed. Serves as the Operations liaison for all calendar and non-calendar activation.
• Establish long-term product strategy, opportunity sizing and series of development and testing activities to bring new products to market.
• Work closely with consumer insights and marketing analytics team to understand compelling opportunities and convert insights into actions.
• Lead the development of product-based financial and marketing strategies that result in long-term revenue growth and improved corporate and store-level profitability.
• Evaluate and recommend price strategies that enhance the overall menu offering and competitive positioning across markets.
• Develop strong, effective partnerships with franchisees and internal partners.
• Partner and provide direction to R&D on development of new product ideas and execution.
• Partner with operations to obtain support for new product testing and successful roll-out of new product innovations.
• Reinforce and execute the stage-gate testing process and recommendation actions to senior leadership team as a result of testing outcomes.
• Lead interdepartmental efforts to bring products to test market.
• Leads communication and solicitation of test markets including system sell-in presentations, field communication and follow-up and compliance tracking and coordination.
• Leads integrated marketing plan development for all assigned category test and national programs providing direction and feedback to internal stakeholders including media planning, digital communications, in store merchandising and print.
• Leads reporting and communication of test and national results during programs while identifying opportunities for improvements and best practices.
• Works closely with VP Operations to provide calendar and product information for DMA meetings.
• Works closely with Operations/Training to insure alignment and integration of materials and programs.
• Supervises and develops direct reports, providing direction including establishing objectives, measuring results, and ensuring employees’ accountability and development.
• Communicates project status, timelines and roadblocks to new product team, supervisor, leadership team, and franchisees in a clear, concise, timely and consistent fashion.
Education: High School diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
Experience: 5 - 7 years of expanding experience in developing products in Quick Service or Casual Dining environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with franchisees is helpful, and prior new product experience is preferred.
• Ability to work cross functionally and with outside agencies.
• Strong analytical thinking. Demonstrated ability to analyze data and convert insights into actions.
• Possess a solid understanding of latest concepts and best practices for innovation.
• Core product management or category management skills in developing, managing and trouble-shooting product and category-based product and loss statements.
• Must be a self-starter; highly motivated. Proven ability to influence key decision makers and to manage results through influence.
• Highly responsive and adaptable. Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills. Proactive, results-oriented and organized. Team player, and model for others.
• Efficient use of personal computer and a working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.