Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Vancouver, WA
Department: Business Technology
Reports To: Director, Information Services
Date Posted: March 03, 2014
This position will design and develop datamarts, ETL processes, analysis models and reporting that empower our operators and decision makers with the information needed to drive better operations, analyze success of advertising and promotions, analyze success and profitability of menu items and better understand customer preferences and behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with Stakeholders to understand current and possible future reporting needs.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the business and what its key performance indicators are in order to provide better intelligence in reporting.
- Designing and developing datamarts and their associated ETL processes.
- Responsible for data quality in datamarts.
- Develop reports with SSRS.
- Coordinate with SharePoint Administrator to provide convenient yet secure access to reporting.
- Work with Systems Administrator to keep our database and reporting service environments up-to-date andwell-maintained.
Education: Requires Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Information Science, or equivalent in experience.
Experience: 5 years previous experience in database and report development. Ideally have prior experience in the multi-unit restaurant or retail industry.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
Position Level Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of SQL with ability to write and tune complex queries.
- Requires experience with SSAS, data cubes and OLAP.
- Experience developing BI/dashboard components using tools like BIDS, PerformancePoint and PowerPivot.
- Must be able to do Business and Systems Analysis.
- Must have knowledge of T-SQL and SSIS.
- Ability to design and create stored procedures, triggers, views and indexes.
- Strong experience writing and publishing reports for SSRS using Report Builder 3.0.
- Knowledge of relational database design and data warehouse design concepts.
- Effective communication skills, task management skills and ability to discuss tactical/strategic issues with management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with vendors, franchisees and staff.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and work.
- Ability to work past normal business hours when necessary.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Additional experience in the following areas would be a plus:
- Prior experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP is helpful.
- MCSA certification.
- Experience with SQL Server upgrades.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.