Location: Vancouver, WA
Department: Brand Marketing
Reports To: Senior Brand Manager
Job Status: Open
Date Posted: October 08, 2014
The Associate Brand Designer is responsible for the design of local and national advertising materials including but not limited to print, point-of-purchase merchandising, promotional/ad specialty items, in-store apparel, and digital marketing.
· Designs within designated style guidelines and established quality standards.
· Works with Brand Marketing Department, PMI Field Staff and individual franchisee owners in the development and design of sales building marketing materials.
· Designs and illustrates layouts for designated projects.
· Delivers projects on time and on message with a superior design and attention to detail.
· Upholds a positive attitude in a fast-paced, highly retail environment with multiple rounds of changes, short deadlines and high expectations.
· Prepares approved designs for production.
· Responsible for confirming production requirements with internal Print Producer and vendors and uploading correct marketing materials to the appropriate vendor partners.
· Collaborates with fellow graphic designers in the development of marketing materials.
· Responsible for maintaining graphic files the intranet and extranet.
· Creates ad templates when necessary for use in Local Store Marketing.
· Maintains and updates graphics archives, specifically archiving each job according to the PMI Studio filing system.
· Works with outside advertising agencies and vendors to supply requested art files.
· Contributes to updates to the published brand standards.
· Ensures all mandatories are included in designed advertising based on brief.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college preferred.
Experience: 2+ years graphic design work within a marketing department, ad agency or graphic design firm.
Experience designing for retail advertising a plus. Experience designing for food-related advertising a plus. Experience managing photoshoots a plus.
Must be able to translate client’s thoughts and ideas from art requests into visual communications that adhere to brand standards; as well as, informs consumers and sells a product/brand concept.
· Requires strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite – CS6 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), Microsoft Office products and web browsing.
· Professional experience producing and preparing press-ready electronic artwork files.
· Knowledge of producing Press Quality PDFs.
· Able to easily adapt to change.
· Detail oriented; exceptional organizational skills.
· Proven ability to solve problems and make good decisions driven by high-quality design in a fast-paced, retail-oriented environment.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a design team while able to take initiative and manage your own projects.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Customer service oriented.
· Maintain and develop positive relationships with external vendors and PMI
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Please send resume to:
Papa Murphy’s International
Human Resources Department:
8000 NE Parkway Dr. #350
Vancouver, WA 98662