About the job:
This position is the management of multiple, small to medium-sized projects or a single large project; and the resources associated with these projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Director, Project Management Office and end-user to identify activities which will help drive projects to a successful completion.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee project(s), utilizing recognized project management methodology including activities such as:
- Definition of project scope and objectives
- Management and status reporting tools
- Communication management
- Requirements definition (functional and/or technical)
- Risk management
- System testing/ quality assurance
- Post-implementation transition to business unit
- Project administrative activities
- Process documentation
- Ensure completion of all work assignments by self and others in accordance with an established project timeline.
- Provide ongoing project status reports to internal management team, user groups, stakeholders and project steering committee.
- Assign/delegate project assignments to project team members as appropriate. Provide project-specific direction and guidance to project team members to facilitate timely and quality results. Monitor quality of work performed by team members throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate task and members of a project team as needed for the life of the project.
- Analyze projects for efficiencies, cost reduction, and streamline.
- Ensure projects remain in line with assigned budgets and timeline.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Three to five years related experience in project management in the hospitality or retail industry.
Requirements for this position:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with strong customer service in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to motivate and guide the project team towards the project goals.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- This is a hands-on position and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization is required.
- Ability to plan and coordinate a project, its tasks, dependencies, team members, other resources and timeline; and to prioritize and delegate accordingly.
- Must be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment.
- Strong PC skills required knowledge of PC applications, e.g., MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match