Franchise Business Consultant (Market Coach) - Madison or Milwaukee, WI
Madison or Milwaukee, WI
Date Posted: 12/17/2012
This position will be based in Milwaukee or Madison, WI.
In a servant leadership role within the region, this position is responsible for consulting and coaching activities that will assist the franchise owners in maximizing sales, profits, and transactions, while complying with all PMI operating standards and procedures to build and maintain Five Star Stores.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with assigned franchise owners as the subject matter expert on all matters pertaining to the successful operation of a Papa Murphy’s store. Thoroughly knowledgeable on the specifications, requirements and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual. Knowledgeable regarding the health laws and guidelines and how they apply to the Papa Murphy’s system.
- Insures that assigned stores operate in a clean and sanitary manner, following all PMI cleanliness and product quality standards, and that all products served are produced to proper PMI quality specifications.
- Consults with franchise owners on a regular basis regarding sales trends and other developments within their respective organizations.
- Conducts an Annual Business Review Meeting with each assigned franchise owner. Focus is on store operations, sales trends, store level and overall organization financial performance. Results of past marketing efforts, future marketing plans, people development, and progress towards agreed upon goals are also topics of discussion during the review.
- Insure all assigned franchise owners participate in the CRM program. Reviews CRM reports for assigned stores and reviews with Franchise owners as needed to determine store level opportunities for improvement.
- Manages new franchise owner training schedule and communicates accordingly.
- On site with New Store Openings, Grand Openings and store transfers to new and existing owners. Interfaces with the Division Marketing Manager to coordinate store advertising and marketing activities. Responsible for coordinating activities surrounding new store openings and grand openings. Works shoulder to shoulder with new franchise owners to ensure that the franchise owner is properly trained to run operations to PMI standards and to handle the guest volume generated by the grand opening plan.
- Coordinates existing store transfers with Development Department. Meets with prospective franchise owner to assist in the due diligence process, helping them to determine whether a Papa Murphy’s franchise or additional store locations are a viable business option for them.
- Works with PMI Legal and Franchise Sales departments to understand all applicable rules and regulations and adheres to them while conducting conversations with potential franchise owners.
- In coordination with the Division Marketing Manager, facilitates DMA Business Meetings.
- Conducts Take-N-Teach training sessions for franchise owners and/or their managers using the “Training in a Box” delivery system.
To qualify, must have:
This position requires at least a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five to eight years in quick service restaurant environment. ServSafe® certification required.
Requirements for this position:
- Exhibit a strong sense of initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, remain organized and productive.
- Knowledgeable of food borne illness and its causes.
- The ability to present complex information to franchise owners and managers.
- A working knowledge and understanding of Papa Murphy’s store level operations to effectively assist in the store environment.
- Knowledge of financial feasibility analysis models, basic understanding of P&L/balance sheet.
- Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include franchise partners, real estate brokers, legal resources and various internal support functions.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match
Papa Murphy’s Values Diversity/EOE
To apply for this position, please email us as