SW Division Vice President
Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO
Date Posted: 11/20/2012
In a servant leadership role, this position is responsible for providing the strategic leadership for the region. The individual has complete responsibility and accountability for the region’s day-to-day activities. It is expected that a strong physical presence in the franchise community will be needed to accomplish the objectives. All activities must be committed to protecting the Papa Murphy’s brand, positive EBITDA contributions, strong sales through effective local store marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Vice President of Operations to establish and achieve the financial goals and objectives for the region. Provides the strategic leadership, development and direction to the field support team to maximize their contributions to ensure the achievement of both the short and long range objectives.
- Ensures the success of the franchise community, provides clear direction and effective communication to enable and achieve the company’s franchising objectives.
- Provides the leadership to continue the rapid growth of the system through effective planning, the ability to influence and successful execution of the development plan for Franchise Owners.
- Works in partnership with the Development team to recruit, approve and train new owners as well as provide leadership and guidance on development schedules and real estate and construction support.
- Provides the partnership with the marketing teams for the execution of marketing programs to ensure profitable growth and to protect the Brand image.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operations and effectiveness of the region.
- Provide financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the region; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances (ADAs) and/or store acquisitions.
- Embraces the Employer of Choice culture by fostering a culture of teamwork and strong working relationships that create a cohesive and aligned focus on the business.
To qualify, must have:
This position requires at least a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
15+ years as an executive leader or related experience in the Quick Service Restaurant industry and franchising.
Requirements for this position:
- Exhibit a strong sense of initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, remain organized and productive.
- The ability to present complex information to franchise owners and managers.
- A working knowledge and understanding of Papa Murphy’s store level operations to effectively assist in the store environment.
- Strong knowledge of financial feasibility analysis models, strong understanding of P&L/balance sheet and the ability to utilize the information to influence behavior of franchise owners or company store employees.
- Hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment. Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include franchise partners, vendor partners, real estate brokers, legal resources and various internal support functions.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong servant leadership mentality.
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual with good judgment and a strong operational focus.
- Knowledgeable of food borne illness and its causes.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes. Travel can be over 50%.
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match
Laptop and Smartphone
Papa Murphy’s Values Diversity/EOE
To apply for this position, please email us as