This individual is an integral, strategic member of our Business Technology management team. Primary responsibilities include the development of the overall vision, strategy, architecture, and purposeful execution of all corporate technology infrastructure and services initiatives. This person challenges the status quo by consistently seeking opportunities to re-engineer processes and re-architect solutions. Through a consultative relationship with internal business units, this person will proactively and consistently deliver high quality, innovative, architected, strategic solutions aligned with clear business requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct and manage the daily operations of the corporate technology infrastructure department.
- Oversee all aspects of technology infrastructure planning and operations.
- Collaborate with Leadership Team members, colleagues and multiple stakeholders to implement cost-effective information technology solutions that drive value and business results for the company.
- Ensure the security and maintain legal and regulatory compliance for matters relating to the security and integrity of data and all corporate technology assets.
- Plan and manage internal technology operations and capital budgets.
- Advise on, and establish, corporate technology policies and procedures.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and support of infrastructure technology, voice communication systems, hardware, mobile solutions, enterprise software and office technology systems.
- Establish guidelines for, direct, and occasionally perform, hands-on, day-to-day datacenter Systems Administration for technologies including, but not limited to, web servers, application servers, firewalls, switches, routers, and virtual environments.
- Establish and maintain standard procedures, a service management database, and service level agreements with stakeholders to provide technical systems and applications support for systems installation, operations, administration.
- Oversee internal system support operations 24x7, ensuring staffing, escalation and resolution objectives are defined and achieved.
- Monitor changes in technology and related legal and regulatory matters and serve as an expert resource on topics and issues regarding technological innovation and developments.
- Review, enhance, maintain and regularly test corporate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuance plans for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Proactively monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action by implementing effective strategic solution.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve computer hardware, operating system, and application problems and provide user-level applications support when necessary.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities, listed in priority order, have been identified as those that would most enable an individual to be successful in this position. Applicants will possess a strong combination of all or most of the skills to be competitive in the selection process.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field; equivalent experience considered. Requires 10+ years related technical experience, with significant team management skills. Industry Standard Certifications such as MCSE, MCITP, MCSM and VCP, or related certifications preferred.
Additional skills and knowledge required:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Windows, LAN/WAN, VMware, Storage (SAN/NAS), SQL Server database technologies, IIS, Directory Services.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, firewalls, routers, switches, other networking devices
- Proficiency with failure, backup and recovery processes.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, three-tiered application architecture management.
- Experience with SOX/PCI compliance and internal controls.
- Exceptional project management ability, organizational skills, and follow through.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with ability to confidently interface with, establish and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization including but not limited to: Senior and support staff, franchisees, vendors, and customers by exhibiting excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Advanced ability to research, analyze, and interpret complex data and information. communicating results with suggestions and recommendations verbally, in writing and in formal presentation.
- Demonstrated initiative in managing projects while actively seeking resources by collaborating with other teams and individuals to bring project to completion.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and pragmatically with the ability to balance planning with execution using exceptional organizational skills, and strong follow-through.
- Hands on manager with integrity and a desire to motivate, coach and develop the team.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Requires high level of accountability and discretion, with the ability to develop independent judgment, forward thinking and initiative, recognizing the long term implications of decisions/recommendations.
- Experience with building use and business cases, as well as formal RFI/RFP processes for technology options.
- Ability to concisely, professionally and regularly report availability metrics to Management in a quality fashion.
- Air and ground travel as needed.