Under the general supervision of the Sr. Director of Store Solutions and Services, this critical hands-on, position has the primary responsibility for the analysis, architectural design, development, testing, and purposeful execution of retail technology. Through a consulting relationship with key business clients, this person will proactively deliver high quality, innovative, architected strategic solutions aligned with clear requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the lifecycle of retail technology solutions and product lifecycle management for in-store technologies, including the NCR/Radiant POS and Back Office.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of restaurant operations systems and the company’s strategic business plans.
- Assess, prioritize, and allocate IT resources to new version development and testing, deployment, production support, and escalation requests and initiatives to ensure a balanced delivery of services aligned with business objectives.
- Manage Store Solutions vendor partner relationships to ensure timeliness and excellence in delivery of products and services.
- Establish frameworks for processes and procedures in accordance with department guidelines and best practices to ensure consistency in execution.
- Proactively consult, communicate and collaborate with internal clients and business units to analyze information needs and functional requirements ensuring delivery of business value within proposed solutions.
- Lead and participate in business process reviews and other activities to drive continual improvement of solutions and processes.
- Provide direction for the research and development of emerging technologies. Recommend technologies that will increase franchisee profitability, business efficiency, and operational effectiveness.
- Provide professional and technical mentorship and professional development for direct reports.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Store Solutions during the budgeting and planning process and operate within acceptable budgetary parameters.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities, listed in priority order, have been identified as those that would most enable an individual to be successful in this position. Applicants will possess a strong combination of all or most of the skills to be competitive in the selection process.
The ideal candidate will have University degree in the field of computer science, engineering, information systems or related field of study. Certification, or equivalent experience, in Project Management preferred. Requires 7+ years experience in Business Technology, specifically retail POS and Back Office technology architecture and its interface with other retail technologies.
Additional skills and knowledge required:
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with NCR/Radiant POS and Back Office hardware and software engineering, QuickService, Aloha TakeOut, EDC, MenuLink, Configuration Center, Command Center, Insight, Restaurant Guard, and Online Ordering.
- 5+ years experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Strong process discipline and demonstrated experience in software development models and testing methodologies and quality assurance/control.
- Strong technical knowledge of network, PC, handheld, wireless and platform operations systems, including Windows server, Windows XP, and Windows 7.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, laws and compliance requirements (PCI).
- Must have a strong sense of initiative.
- Knowledge and ability to apply process improvement principles.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal and active listening skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Exhibit an attention to detail and flexibility in work assignments.
- Must exhibit a strong service mentality.
- 15% travel by air and ground, based on need.