Successful candidate for this position should be able to work with franchise owners individually, and with their advertising Co-operatives and advertising agencies to develop, execute and analyze local media plans, as well as local store marketing activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
Advertising Co-op Leadership
- In partnership with each Co-op President, the local agency partner and PMI Marketing, actively lead each assigned Co-op to ensure strategic management and efficient spending of the local marketing budget
- Develop agenda for and lead each Co-op meeting.
- Provide regular insight and analysis of store-and DMA-level sales trends
- Deliver appropriate competitive and consumer research insights
- Act as strategic coach on pricing, discounting and couponing strategies and tactics
New/Small Market Leadership
- Establish and maintain productive relationship with owners in assigned territories/DMAs
- National and Local Print Campaigns
- Local Media and LSM Plans
- Local PR activities
- New Product Introduction
- System-wide initiatives
Local Store Marketing Implementation
- Train new and existing owners on LSM techniques and programs
- Capture LSM Best Practices for dissemination across the system
- Conduct post-event analysis to determine ROI and cost/benefit
Down Store/Down Market Solutions
- Regularly analyze underperforming stores and partner with Field Ops team and franchisees to bring a total business solution to the table
- Communicate LSM BDPs across the system and establish templates for efficient migration
Annual Planning Process
- Work with VP, Field Marketing and PMI Marketing to shape the annual marketing plan
- Working with local agency partners, develop media plans, by market, in support of the “national plan”
- Identify needs for new creative output (broadcast, print, in-store)
Marketing Program Communication
- Serve as the primary voice of PMI to the franchise community on marketing-related issues:
- National annual marketing plan
- Local media plans and revisions
- New product introductions
- Consumer research projects and/or updates
System-wide corporate initiatives
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field experience and 5-7 years experience, preferably in foodservice, with both client and agency side history.
Requirements for this position:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Software, specifically, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to develop, articulate, and defend a point of view.
- Must have local media planning (broadcast and print) experience.
- Should exhibit consumer orientation, problem-solving abilities using a creative approach and a collaborative, team-oriented mindset.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with franchise owners, vendors and co-workers.
- Excellent presentation skills are required.
- Ability to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to complete all required reports on a timely basis.
- Ability to travel by air and ground, 20-30% of the time.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match (after 1 year)
Company-owned laptop & Smartphone