Senior Graphic Designer
Corporate Office - Vancouver,WA
Date Posted: 9/26/2013
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the design of designated local and national advertising materials including but not limited to direct mail, point-of-purchase/merchandising materials, print collateral, promotional/ad specialty items, outdoor advertising and digital marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Brand Marketing Department, PMI Field Marketing and individual franchisee owners in the development and design of sales building marketing materials.
- Stewards of the brand by upholding designated style guidelines and established quality standards.
- Responsible for maintaining graphic files on the PMI website, FASTnet and PMInet.
- Responsible for uploading current marketing materials to the appropriate online ordering centers; interface with vendor partners.
- Works with outside printers to ensure completion of projects.
- Supplies ad templates when necessary for use in Local Store Marketing.
- Designs and illustrates layouts for all direct mail, Local Store Marketing, quarterly marketing kits, point-of-sale, digital marketing and the like.
- Works closely with other PMI departments on designated communication projects.
- Regularly maintains and updates artwork archives.
- Collaborates with fellow graphic designers daily in the development of marketing materials.
- Works closely with outside advertising agencies and approved vendors to supply appropriate art files (i.e. product photography, logos).
- Responsible for annual updates to the published Brand Standards.
- Responsible for ensuring proofing of all materials prior to releasing files to vendors.
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college preferred.
3 - 5 years graphic/production related work at an ad agency or in-house design team.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional level layout and design, working knowledge of CMYK and Pantone spot color, and strong typography skills and fonts.
- Professional experience producing and preparing press ready electronic artwork files.
- Strong graphic design skills using Adobe Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5, Acrobat Pro.
- Knowledge of producing Press Quality PDF.
- Intermediate MS Office and Internet skills.
- Able to easily adapt to change.
- Detail oriented; exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven ability to problem solve and make good decisions in a fast-paced, retail oriented environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a design team while able to take initiative and manage your own projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with franchise owners and PMI staff.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
To apply for this position, please email us as