Director of Accounting
Corporate Office - Vancouver,WA
Date Posted: 9/19/2013
Leads and directs all the daily routine accounting activities, including but not limited to; sales and accounts receivable, collections, payroll, fixed assets, leases, cash, inventory, general ledger, and bank reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains corporate accounting policies, procedures, and effective and efficient internal controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and other laws/regulations.
- Ensures adequate preparation of all documentation required for annual audits and other account reviews.
- Responsible for a timely, controlled, period-end close process including to include preparation of internal management reports, financial reports, and schedules.
- Works with the Finance team in the preparation of budgets, variance analysis, management reviews, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provides management with timely reviews of the organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Ensures reports established by regulatory agencies are compiled and filed in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate implementation of GAAP and other accounting standards.
- Responsible for maintaining control and policy documentation and to ensure the training of subordinates in the same
- Responsible for the overall direction, performance management, and development of accounting staff.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or higher in Accounting from four-year college or university.
Five or more years related experience. Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm and a Master’s Degree in Accounting is preferred.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Active CPA license
Position Level Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERP systems, application security, and various ERP functions, including payroll, AP, AR, and GL systems; database structures, business intelligence and other query tools.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel experience including lookup and database functions, and strong MS Word and PowerPoint plus general IT and application computer controls as they relate to financial systems and related infrastructure.
- Direct experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP, Solver’s BI360, or other financial software and/or the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. A
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to handle many high-visibility tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to develop and mentor direct reports.
- Hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated strong oral and written skills.
- Effective conflict management, negotiation, time management, leadership and delegation skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Must be able to travel for business purposes
To apply for this position, please email us as