Accounts Payable Specialist
Corporate Office - Vancouver,WA
Date Posted: 9/14/2013
Under the general supervision of the Accounts Payable Manager, this position will utilize general accounting skills to provide the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day accounts payable activities
- Receive, process, and prepare vendor invoice payments
- Calculate sales use tax on invoices
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Review & process automated employee expense reimbursements
- Set up vendors & assist in 1099 process
- Record electronic payments in accounting software
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Five or more years of hands on, full cycle Accounts Payable experience. Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principals.
Position Level Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working with the 1099 process
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and processing expense reports
- Ability to record manual checks
- Understands use tax
- Expert 10-Key user
- Microsoft GP Dynamics preferred, but not required
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent PC skills, in particular recent Excel experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to function as a team player and maintain a positive attitude.
To apply for this position, please email us as