Senior Director, Store Solutions and Services
Corporate Office - Vancouver,WA
Date Posted: 8/26/2013
This position is responsible for the vision, strategy, architectural design, development, purposeful execution and ongoing support of all enterprise retail technology systems. Through a consultative relationship with key business clients, this role will proactively deliver high quality, innovative, strategic retail technology solutions and services aligned with clear business requirements, resulting in increased store revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction. This position requires skilled situational leadership, a deep understanding of franchising, and strong team leadership of direct and indirect reports.
This critical and significant role within our organization is tightly coupled with our Operations, Training, and Business Services teams. It requires a technical, hands-on orientation, intellectual curiosity, organizational thought leadership, and application of a strategic and architectural mindset to continually drive operational excellence and execution. Success in this role will be measured by annual improvements in revenue and profitability directly linked to store level technology improvements.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Implement, grow and manage a store technology support service center.
- Lead the on-going delivery of POS, Back Office and other store-level technology enhancements.
- Manage vendor partner relationships and enterprise costs related to store technology solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select, engage, develop and lead a best in class team.
- Actively drive the Store Solutions & Services teams in support of the broader business by executing against company strategy and driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- Provide integrated, architected solutions and services through vendor partners and internal teams to drive franchisee profitability, improve guest experience, and contribute to overall business growth.
- Manage close partnerships with business units, predominately Operations, by focusing on business process improvement, devising novel solutions to problems, leveraging existing systems, and providing continuous Solutions training and education.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of store operations systems and the company’s strategic business plans.
- Lead organizational changes and create a culture of accountability and execution to support accelerated growth and innovation.
- Establish disciplined frameworks for processes and procedures in accordance with industry best practices to ensure consistency in execution.
- Create release plans for core system enhancements/upgrades utilizing a proven planning methodology and actively engaging vendor and operational partners throughout the process.
- Provide expertise and consulting services to business units and across all BT functional teams.
- Lead business process reviews and engineering activities to ensure continuous innovation, development and improvement of systems and processes.
- Engage, leverage and effectively manage vendor partners by maintaining strong, mutually beneficial 1st Choice partnerships in support of strategic objectives.
- Ideate and innovate by keeping abreast of new technological advancements and conducting research and development of emerging technologies.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
10+ years directly related experience, preferably in a heavily franchised environment
10+ years of progressive experience in managing and developing people, providing strong leadership and strategic direction to staff
3+ years of demonstrated leadership in a senior corporate role with budgetary and supervisory responsibilities (Director, VP or Principal of a business unit)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous in depth knowledge of retail technology including Point of Sale, Back Office, workforce management, supply chain, forecasting, ETL, business analytics and retail support operations.
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver results and meet commitments.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, yet pragmatically with the ability to balance planning with execution.
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance, and execution.
- Inquisitive – ask thought provoking questions and challenge the “status quo.”
- Ability to build strong consulting relationships with key business owners, partners, stakeholders and executives.
- Ability to inspire and influence people and effectively drive change throughout the organization.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, strong analytical abilities, and process orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills driven by a with strong customer service focus in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- This is a hands-on position and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization is required.
- Ability to convey technical issues and material to non-technical people.
- Seasoned franchisee QSR industry technology professional that is a dynamic, bold, innovative and influential thought leader.
Travel & Working Conditions
- Air and Ground Travel As Needed (<20%)
Evening, night and weekend responsibilities as required
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented here.
To apply for this position, please email us as