Division Vice President, East
Date Posted: 8/12/2013
This position is responsible for providing the strategic leadership for the division. The individual has complete responsibility and accountability for the division’s day-to-day activities. It is expected that a strong physical presence in the franchise community will be needed to accomplish the objectives. All activities must be committed to protecting the Papa Murphy’s brand, positive EBITDA contributions, and strong sales through effective local store marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Vice President of Operations to establish and achieve the financial goals and objectives for the division. Provides the strategic leadership, development and direction to the field support team to maximize their contributions to ensure the achievement of both the short and long range objectives.
- Works with divisional operations and marketing teams to identify, develop, and lead by example the skill sets required to achieve the division’s performance metrics.
- Ensures the success of the franchise community, provides clear direction and effective communication to enable and achieve the company’s franchising objectives.
- Provide the leadership to continue the rapid growth of the system through effective planning, the ability influence and successful execution of the development plan for Franchise Owners.
- Provides the leadership to continue the rapid growth of the system through effective planning and successful execution of the development plan for Franchise Owners. Works in partnership with the Development team to recruit, approve and train new owners as well as provide leadership and guidance on development schedules and real estate and construction support.
- Guides the marketing strategy and execution at the divisional level while partnering with national marketing to ensure profitable growth and to protect the Brand image.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operations and effectiveness of the division.
- Provide financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the division; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances (ADAs) and/or store acquisitions.
- Embraces an Employer of Choice culture by fostering a culture of teamwork and strong working relationships that create a cohesive and aligned focus on the business.
Job Complexity and Scope
- Extensive experience derived from prior senior management roles.
- Management of multiple high impact initiatives toward broad corporate goals.
- Span of control generally crosses multi-group, multi-divisional, or system-wide functional areas.
- Responsible for translating and fully articulating the corporate strategy and group goals and objectives throughout the organization.
- Driven to succeed and engages necessary employee and suppliers to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- When faced with ambiguous situations, is able to sort through complexities and make decisions in light of limited information.
- Interfaces with all levels of the organization. Often interacts with Executive level customer/supplier management or representatives.
- Responsible for design and driving for approval of system wide policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance to regulatory, governance and fiduciary requirements across all areas of responsibility.
- May have signature authority for large contractual agreements and expenditures with partners, vendors or customers and employment hires.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
This position requires at least a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
15+ years as an executive leader or related experience in the Quick Service Restaurant industry and franchising.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires an excellent working knowledge across the entire spectrum of general management for the division and a partner to senior team management in strategic planning and decision-making.
- Must be an energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards.
- An individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communications skills.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual with good judgment and a strong operational focus.
- Requires strong planning, organizational, and analytical problem solving capability.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
This position requires the ability to travel at least 60%.
To apply for this position, please email us as