Division Marketing Director
Date Posted: 8/5/2013
Leads marketing program implementation for designated area. Collaborates with Franchisees, Operations, and Brand Marketing teams to increase average weekly sales for new stores. Sets strategic direction for grand opening, national and local marketing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze consumer research, current marketing conditions, market performance and competitor information to prepare quarterly promotional and pricing recommendations to the Division based on the national Calendar.
- Lead development of Marketing strategy for all PMI Investment programs in the Division: DMA Support, Investment, Model Markets, Empire, Frontier programs
- Prepare and Communicate key learning and best practices for implementation across Divisions from PMI support programs.
- Partner with PMI Support team to prepare Down Store marketing plans, set goals for improvement, monitor and report against performance
- Lead the strategic vision of the New Store Opening Program and deploy resources in the Division to implement consistently.
- Accountable for AWS and transaction growth, new store opening average weekly sales and company EBITDA against Division goals.
- Work with VP of Media and DVP to prepare recommendations against media spending allocation by market.
- Oversee all media and PR agencies in the Division. Provide leadership, align agency with National initiatives, monitor performance and efficiencies.
- Work with Market Leaders to set DMA meeting objectives and provide relevant marketing support and content.
- Recommend LSM initiatives and training in the Division through utilizing PMI Support programs and facilitate implementation based on needs in the Division.
- Provide regular insight and analysis of store and DMA level sales trends.
- Deliver appropriate competitive and consumer research insights.
- Act as strategic coach on pricing and discount strategies and tactics.
- Lead and direct Division Marketing Manager and Coordinator, as appropriate, in their management and advising of owners and/or marketing DMAs.
Job Complexity and Scope
- Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies.
- Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization.
- Plans, directs and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans. Participates with senior management team to establish strategic plans and objectives for the company.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Participates in corporate and system wide development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, policies, programs, and people.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
This position requires at least a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
10+ years experience in related field required.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to manage multiple DMAs and agencies, multiple sales building projects and assigned projects as necessary. Excellent follow up skills are needed.
- Serve as the primary voice of PMI to the franchise community and internal field team for all print and merchandising elements
- Manage all program vendor partners for Brand Consistency, Program Management, Service and Price.
- Servant Leadership mentality with Franchisees and employees. Ability to leverage available data to improve marketing efforts.
- Requires data analysis skill to scorecard/assess ROI for PMI and franchise owners.
- Intermediate MS Office and Internet skills required.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Ability to travel by air and ground.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with franchise owners, vendors and staff.
- Maintain accountability for attendance and scheduled appointments.
Position Level Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with ability to confidently interface with, establish and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization including but not limited to: Senior and support staff, franchisees, vendors, and customers by exhibiting excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Advanced ability to research, analyze, and interpret complex data and information communicating results with suggestions and recommendations verbally, in writing and in formal presentation.
- Demonstrated initiative in managing projects while actively seeking resources by collaborating with other teams and individuals to bring project to completion.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and pragmatically with the ability to balance planning with execution using exceptional organizational skills, and strong follow-through.
- Hands on manager with integrity and a desire to motivate, coach and develop the team.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Requires high level of accountability and discretion, with the ability to develop independent judgment, forward thinking and initiative, recognizing the long term implications of decisions/recommendations.
- Advanced computer skills including ability to operate desktop computers, mobile computing devices and printers as well as keen knowledge and use of productivity software including the ability to maneuver in and utilize the internet as a resource.
To apply for this position, please email us as