Director, Franchise Sales
Corporate Office - Vancouver,WA
Date Posted: 8/1/2013
This position is responsible for managing a defined territory with the purpose of developing a pipeline of qualified candidates, selling new single and multi-unit deals, and working with existing PMI franchisees to expand their business network for the purpose of helping PMI achieve the future growth plans of the brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage initial, subsequent and multi-unit franchise sales to insure that company goals are met.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting in-person disclosure meetings and presenting the franchise sales program to prospective franchisees.
- Nurture relationships with existing franchisees and support their new store development.
- Responsible for supporting franchise marketing to effectively place local, regional, or national advertising for the purpose of generating interest in the brand.
- Develop a business plan and seminar schedule to efficiently develop and sell available inventory in targeted markets.
- Plan and conduct franchise sales seminars.
- Attend franchise industry trade shows to learn of current franchising trends and to develop new business prospects. Stay current with industry trends in the area of franchise sales. Stay current with the IFA (International Franchise Association) and earn or maintain the CFE (Certified Franchise Executive) designation.
- Responsible to become familiar with and adhere to federal, state and local laws pertaining to franchise sales and disclosure information.
- Develop cross-functional relationships with Operations, Development, Training, and Marketing for the purpose of being strategically aligned with the company’s mission and goals.
Minimum BA or BS degree required.
5+ years related experience in the Quick Service Restaurant industry and franchising.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
CFE (Certified Franchise Executive) preferred (not required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior experience in franchise recruitment/sales, with a strong preference in the food industry.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in strategic and consultative selling, with a proven track record of successfully closing franchise deals, both single and multi-unit sales.
- Current knowledge of franchise licensing laws, regulations, practices and procedures.
- Astute project management and financial analysis skills; strong overall business acumen.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and exceptional follow-up skills.
- Efficient use of personal computer and a working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes. Travel over 50%.
- Must live near major US airport.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
To apply for this position, please email us as