National Programs Coordinator
Corporate Office - Vancouver,WA
Date Posted: 6/7/2013
This position supports National efforts to drive awareness such as direct mail programs, point of purchase fulfillment, new store opening programs, business to business opportunities and supports national program from roll-out to transition.
Duties and Responsibilities
National Print Program: Responsible for system implementation of the National print program. Management includes budget adherence, program analytics, communication and vendor relations.
National Program Support: Liaison between Support Office, Field, and vendor(s). Focused on communication, team needs, support, and roll-out.
- Such as:
- National Kits
- Online Ordering
- Print Program
Online Coupon Offers: Responsible for system implementation of online coupon program. This includes developing recommendations, program analytics, and communication.
New Store Success: Responsible for assisting team in developing, testing and implementing programs and tactics designed to grow new store volume.
National Kits: Responsible for inventory management, facilitating RFPs, vendor management and phone back up for the PMI marketing center (online ordering portal) to field Franchise Owner questions and train.
Frontier Market Program: Responsible for supporting our efforts to drive awareness and trial in our newest markets. Such programs include direct mail, local store marketing and public relations.
National Calendar: Support communication to the field regarding product, promotion and price point. Act as project manager to drive monthly promotions through all channels from creative to in store activation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, social science or related program.
0 -3 years of marketing experience in a business to consumer environment and project management.
Position Level Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires basic office support skills.
- Experience in direct mail programs and facilitating these efforts from creative to consumer mailboxes.
- Experience with sourcing and quoting point of purchase materials.
- Must have intermediate level skills in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to groups and individuals and the ability to develop, articulate and defend a point of view.
- Project management skills
- Planning experience
- Vendor management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Creative thinker, but tactically strong
- Data driven decision maker, but also intuitive
- Strong, proficient communicator
To apply for this position, please email us as