Sr. Manager Corporate Communications
Corporate Office - Vancouver, WA
Date Posted: 4/18/2013
We are currently searching for a Sr. Corporate Communications Manager, based in Vancouver WA.
About the job:
The Sr. Manager of Corporate Communications will be responsible for strategic planning, development and implementation of communication programs to support business growth and communication objectives. This position will create and edit content in written, web-based and video formats. The manager will need to be comfortable working with all levels of the organization, from coaching executives on communication styles and presentation guidance to gathering content from staff-level project managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, writes, edits and manages implementation of communications content (press releases, presentations, newsletters, scripts, videos, photos, etc.) in support of company goals.
- Identifies and implements platforms to facilitate communication and sharing of information and ideas company-wide, including down to the individual store crew level.
- Consolidates content presented at company meetings for distribution to the internal corporate team, the corporate field team, franchise advisory board members, agency partners and owner base.
- Manages the implementation and coordination of ongoing executive team communications, including plan for monthly videos to provide system-wide updates on key initiatives.
- Develops success stories for tested initiatives to aid in implementation.
- Promotes a positive internal and external perception of Papa Murphy’s International through system communications.
- Owns the organization’s system newsletters, including necessary project management, content compilation, writing, design layout and distribution.
- Measures the communications programs via employee and owner surveys, adjusting programs based on feedback to drive increased readership.
- Helps coordinate/support key business meetings and events as needed (Board Meetings, Field Meetings, Leadership Meetings, Conventions, etc.).
To qualify, must have:
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
5 to 8 years of corporate communications experience in business to consumer environment. Experience developing communications content for written, web-based and video platforms. Related experience in branded consumer goods, chain restaurant, multi-unit retail preferred.
Requirements for this position:
- Extremely strong writing skills; concise, thoughtful approach to subjects through own writing or editing previously written materials.
- Strong business acumen; understands how the organization functions.
- Comfortable developing relationships with people in all levels of the organization.
- Agency/Vendor management experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Strategic thinker, but tactically strong.
- Cross-functional team leadership.
- Strong, proficient communicator via written, web-based and/or video platforms.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match (after 1 yr)
To apply for this position, please email us as