Corporate Office - Vancouver, WA
Date Posted: 4/2/2013
We are currently searching for an Accounting Manager at the Corporate Office in Vancouver WA.
About the job:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises a Senior Accountant and Accounting Specialists and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day to day activities of accounting functions by keeping the AP & AR team organized and fills in as needed.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Performs review of manual journal entries.
- Performs daily cash reconciliation of Corporate bank account and supervising the cash reconciliation of store bank accounts.
- Ensures the completion and completeness of monthly GL account reconciliations.
- Coordinates the timely close of AP & AR in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the accounting system and controls related to the general ledger and the close process.
- Assists in analyzing monthly financial performance.
- Assists with research and inquiries from the Leadership Team regarding financial results, special reporting requests.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advises on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA certification preferred.
Five or more years of accounting experience of managing general ledgers. Three or more years of leadership experience preferred.
Requirements for this position:
- Experience with ERP accounting software preferred and experience in MS Dynamics GP a plus.
- Good communication skills for communicating with staff support personnel and management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ten key by touch required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match (after 1 yr)
To apply for this position, please email us as