About the job:
This position is responsible for identifying, sourcing and presenting new Papa Murphy Company Store restaurant sites. It is also responsible for entire Company Store real estate portfolio: new stores, renewals, relocations, remodels, as well as lease administration oversight. Reports directly to VP of Real Estate & Construction. Based in Denver in order to work closely with Company Store Senior Director in this key market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Site selection for new and relocated stores.
- Preparation of site package for Committee approval, including economics, demographics, ROI analysis, budgets and sales projections.
- Manage broker relationships and performance.
- Negotiate LOIs, leases and renewals thoroughly within Company guidelines and in coordination with Legal.
- Lead execution of strategic portfolio plan. Effectively conduct lease administration negotiations for renewal, sales terminations, and closings; ensures that leases are renewed in a timely manner with optimum profitability.
- Resolve legal, lease and renewal issues through effective communication.
- Oversee remodels of Company Stores.
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance or Civil Engineering preferred. Real Estate license is required.
Requires 5+ years of experience in commercial or corporate real estate, preferably in a multi-unit franchise environment.
Requirements for this position:
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word and a strong understanding of financial reports.
- Strong working understanding of construction and related issues.
- Ability to read and understand building plan documents and match building requirements to site limitations and make recommendations as to the viability of constructing the building on a given site.
- Ability to be a contributor in a true team based environment.
- Must have progressive, extensive experience in negotiating and excellent written and oral skills.
- Proven track record of collaboration with real estate, construction, store operations, finance/accounting and legal partners.
- At least 50% travel on a regular basis.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match
Company-owned Laptop and iPhone