About the job:
The Systems Administrator is responsible for maintenance and support of Papa Murphy’s in-house computer software systems and network connections. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and communication links. The System Administrator will also analyze and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and maintain backup and disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and applications.
- Manage and administer all operating systems and their corresponding or associated software.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Manage communications and connection solutions, including local area networks, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
- Ensure the integrity of host computers, multiple databases, and data transfer.
- Manage, configure, administer, and monitor all network hardware and equipment including routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, load balancers, UPSs, SANs and servers including e-mail, file, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software including hardware and software upgrades.
- Analyze system or application usage and plan for growth or increases in network capacity.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user desktops.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system administration.
- Provide on-call technical support.
- Ensure connectivity of all servers, workstations, and other network devices.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Monitor and test server software performance and provide statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university.
5 – 8+ years related System Administration experience.
MCSA/MCSE and VCP certification recommended.
Requirements for this position:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and networking, VMware ESXi, vCenter, and Veeam.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards including: TCP/IP, iSCSI, Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, Powershell scripting, Microsoft Server products such as Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, IIS, System Center, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience administering a Microsoft Active Directory environment and subordinate services such as DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, IIS, TMG, ActiveSync, etc.
- Working technical knowledge of Macintosh workstations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with strong customer service in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to problem solve, work independently, effectively prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- This is a hands-on position and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization is required.
- Ability to convey technical issues and material to non-technical people.
- Proficiency with failure, backup, and recovery processes.
- Air and ground travel as needed.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match